Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Welcome Home

Today’s challenge is simple. Greet your spouse at the door when they come home from a long day at work. If you both work, the challenge is for the one who comes home first. With open arms and a smile on your face give your husband or wife a big hug and don’t forget to kiss (a real kiss not a grandma peck).

There are so many days I’m consumed in being Mommy that I forget to turn it off and welcome my husband home. I need to show him how much I appreciate him working and providing for us. This simple act will make your husband feel respected or your wife feel loved. So make a promise today that you will put forth effort in showing more appreciation to your spouse.

Now for the kids. Welcoming home kids from school can be mighty chaotic so don’t forget to show them love when they walk in. I’m known for barking orders to make sure they stay on task so we can get to tutoring or practices on time. I need to relax more and remember that the boys just spent all day in class being barked at by their teachers. They used a lot of energy to pay attention to instruction and to control their behavior, the last thing they want to hear when they return home is Mom barking orders too. I’ve made it a point to hug a little longer and lighten my tone. I still keep them on task but with a lighter heart and spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment