Monday, February 7, 2011

Exercising For You

Since it is the new year everyone is on their 2-3 month health kick until it gets too hard. Well I started mine and I want it to be more than just a failed attempt to get healthy in the new year. I have a goal but a realistic goal. Not one that could never work in my schedule but one that fits my plan, my life. So you might laugh but I walk in the mall. Yes I said it the MALL. I don't seem to fit the age requirement but it allows me to walk rain or shine.

You might think you don't have time in your day to do this but you're wrong. For me I find that I get the most done in the morning. So after I put my two older boys on the bus, I make sure I leave straight from the bus stop and head over to the mall. Whatever you do, DON'T GO BACK HOME FIRST, just go straight there. I have too many distractions at home and if I go back just to do one thing, I never leave.

It only takes me about 50 mins. to walk 3 miles and then I'm done. My 1.5 year old baby sits in the stroller and waves and smiles at all the other walkers who are always happy to see a baby. I plug in my earphones and take myself on a joyride of alone time. Moms always like to say that they don't get breaks but this is my first one of many in my busy day. Think about it even if the baby is fussy I can't hear him over the awesome playlist on my iPod.

So I will no longer say I don't have time to workout because I do and after I'm done walking I run errands because I'm already out. Look at that, I get my two older boys off to school, workout, and run errands all before 10am. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment