Sunday, February 27, 2011

"I'm Sorry"

“I’m sorry,” goes a long way. It’s hard to remember sometimes when things aren’t going the way you thought, to think about someone else and their feelings. A situation might seem small to you but mean the world to them. Be kind with your words but also be kind and gentle with your tone. I have to continue to work on my tone with the children. I forget that they have feelings too and that their spirits can be crushed with just a word or ever a sharp look. I need to find a balance in my discipline and not be so rigid in my thinking.

Remember to take a deep breath and ask yourself if your feelings would be hurt if someone spoke to you like that. And if you find yourself regretting what you said, say “Sorry.” Parents you are allowed to say sorry to your kids if you mess up, they will grow forgiving hearts if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment