Friday, February 18, 2011

Dream a Little

I wonder if other adults sit and day dream like I do. On occasion I will sit and let my mind wander to thoughts of traveling the world, my children becoming adults, what the next ten years have in store for me, what I would do if I won the HGTV Dream Home Sweepstakes…..you know all the normal things. I also wonder if my children dream about their future. Does my oldest son dream about going to college or playing soccer professionally? As I’m writing this I have realized that I don’t share my dreams with the children and maybe I should. I should encourage them to think about their future and what they would like to accomplish. As Mommy I need to teach my children to set goals and then set out to accomplish them. Involve the whole family in setting a goal this year and work together to accomplish it. Maybe you have always wanted to take the kids to Disney or Europe, figure it out and make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment