Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Coupon Crazy

I am a Coupon Mommy! I love to save at the register but only on the things my family needs. I just got back from our local Harris Teeter Grocery Store and saved over $90. Every week I clip and save on average 60% off my grocery bill. It really is easy to do, all you need is the Sunday newspaper and a grocery store that doubles or triples coupon savings. Here in NC Harris Teeter is offering Super Double Coupons this week (Coupons up to $1.98 double) so I just stocked up on cereal, soup, diapers and frozen veggies. Awesome. I also am signed up for a savings card, as well as ecoupons offered through the store. For those who shop at Harris Teeter, bet you didn’t know that they will stack your ecoupon on top of your manufacturer’s coupon. So do a little research and find a store near you that offers these types of coupon programs. I have to feed three growing boys and need to keep a tight grocery budget since it can get out of control quickly.

Now some might say they don’t eat the items that have coupons. Well this is the time to try new stuff. Of course you can be overwhelmed by all the packaged and overly processed food that have coupons, so my suggestion is keep your coupon buying limited. Here is a list of the types of items I buy for my family using coupons.

Whole grain pasta, rice, frozen veggies, cheese, yogurt, eggs, soup, diapers, toothpaste, toilet paper, paper towels, wheat crackers, 100% juices……you get the idea. You don’t have to buy junk in order to coupon. If you have any questions or would like to join me on one of my shopping trips just let me know. Happy Clipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment