Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Day of Rest

I think every family should observe a day of rest. Now I don’t mean you should lie around and do nothing and be lazy or watch TV all day. I mean you should rest from all the stress of your everyday life or job and enjoy your family. My family spends every Saturday together doing fun activities we all enjoy. We also make sure we use this time to have a family devotional and prayer. All the kids get involved and we really look forward to it every week. We have meals together and the best part is I don’t cook and we don’t work. That means no laundry, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning toilets, washing dishes, nothing. Saturday really is a day of rest for us and it makes a huge difference in how the rest of our week plays out. We give ourselves a reminder that our Family Unit is important and how we grow together and the relationships and bonds we share. The office drama doesn’t matter and neither does how clean my house is kept. We truly enjoy each other, laugh, play games, watch family friendly movies and enjoy a little relaxation from the outside world. We are creating memories through love.

1 comment:

  1. Loveit!! I totally agree. As a working mom, I do most of my running around during the week so I can truly have the weekens to devote to wht we "want" to do not what I "have" to do. Now, that may be hard with activities and other items but that really think about the necessitty of things. Some things can really wait. We can get into a spirit of being "busy" when we are just turning wheels. At the edn of the day..time is what really matters...one thing that you can NEVER get back..

    ReplyDelete