Thursday, February 17, 2011

Expectations

Our typical day is filled with expectations. Some realistic but many are not. For years I have been overly critical of the people around me including my family. I would expect them to act a certain way or do certain things and time and time again I was let down. Why was I setting myself up for disappointment? Not sure. I was carrying the responsibility of the world around with me; somehow I had to be a part of every outcome in every situation. Well enough was enough. I had to get my act together. The overwhelming stress was causing physical symptoms that were getting harder to cope with. I finally let it all go. Ahhhhh… what a relief. Now I am only responsible for my own actions and the resulting outcomes, my friends and family don’t have to do things the same way I do. I have set healthy boundaries and limits and will no longer expect other people to live by them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment