Thursday, March 10, 2011

What Happend To Community?

Why is it so hard for the grocery store to have everything in stock when you need it? All I wanted to buy this morning was a bunch of bananas and 2% organic milk. Well they didn’t have the milk, their recent shipment included whole and skim but not 2%, why? I can’t wrap my brain around it. How do you not have milk on the shelf right after a delivery for restocking? Hmmmmm…. This brings me to a point I talk about quite often with friends and family. I think if our world was simpler, things would be easier, no logistics to worry about. If we actually lived in “Communities” the type where you know your neighbors and all the kids go to the same school, I could go next door to my neighbor who is also a stay at home mom or dad and borrow some milk. Better yet I could go and get some milk form the neighbor and while I was there he or she would invite me in for lunch. You know the neighborly thing to do. Society has become money driven with two income households being necessary which means “No Community.” I would love to get back to a simpler way of life and raise my kids around a community of people who valued relationships and family. Please don’t take this the wrong way, I’m not knocking my working friends out there, I’m just saying it would be nice if life was slower pace with long lasting and quality relationships and if it could all be built around a small farm that would be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment