Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Summer Calendar Coming Soon......

Last year I didn’t send my boys to camp instead I came up with my own camp activities. I put all the events on Google Calendar and shared it with family and friends. This year I will do it again. I have had several people request a copy already and I just wanted to let all of you know that I am currently working on my 2011 calendar. It should be done by the middle of April and I will post a link on Facebook for all my friends or you can request the link through my blog. This post is just a reminder that you should sign up for dscount passes in preparation for the summer events. Go to http://www.wsoctv.com/familyfocus/index.html and sign up for the Family Focus Fun Card. This card provides discounts on admission for several of my planned activities such as The Levine Museum of the New South and Discovery Place. I also recommend a membership to Discovery Place since it only cost around $100 for your entire family (two adults and all your kids) and it includes membership to the Charlotte Nature Museum as well for 12 months. Me and my boys really enjoyed waking up and knowing what we were already going to do that day. Each week consists of bowling (not sure if bowling will happen this year our local lanes are launching a new program), free movie at the theater, museum visit, water activity (swim or spray ground) and an outdoor adventure activity (free fishing or hiking). I have researched all the cool FREE activities in Charlotte and put them on my calendar and whoever can show up, shows up and who can’t, well we'll catch you next time. All my activities are scheduled in the morning before nap time and lunch to avoid cranky kids in public and only last a few hours long. I have found if we do too much every day by the end of the week I don’t have any energy left and neither to the children.

Can’t wait to see you this summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment