Friday, March 4, 2011

RACE

I am very excited that at our local children’s museum (Discovery Place) has a new exhibit called “RACE.” I think this is awesome and wanted to share the website with the exhibits information. http://www.discoveryplace.org/museum/exhibit/21/RACE-Are-We-So-Different

I will be taking the children later this month and can’t wait to see what type of reaction they have about some of the subject matter. This exhibit will cover the science of race but also cover racism in our society over time. It’s nice to know that people aren’t afraid to talk and teach on race. It is a very significant part of our world history and keeps us reminded of how divided a nation can become over four little letters. I feel this will be a good educational lesson for the boys.

I plan to go on the next CMS teacher workday, so if anyone wants to join me drop me a message.

No comments:

Post a Comment