Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Cookies for Breakfast

I have been a parent for nine years now and I can honestly say that for the majority of those nine years I have been super stressed out. Mainly I just want to do everything right and not damage my kids too badly. This morning was the first time I can remember allowing myself to relax and just let it happen. My older boys were not ready on time for the bus, so I just took them to school. It was that simple, why yell and scream and get all worked up. I remember that I’m not on time every single day, so they can have a day or two when they are running a little late too. I had to go to the grocery store and my one year old was a little difficult and fussy, but instead of getting all frantic and rushing through the store, I ignored the cries for attention and continued my shopping. Today I became “That Mom” with the loud kid. So What! After my shopping was done I walked over to the free cookie bin and gave my baby a sugar cookie at 9:00 am. It felt good and I didn’t feel judged. Sugar cookies aren’t bad as a treat once in a while. I didn’t become a bad mommy just for giving a cookie for breakfast. I just need to relax a little more and rest assured that God has placed a hedge of protection around me and my family and that I should be spending my time enjoying my kids not worrying about things that really don’t matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment