Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Boys Will Be Boys

As you all know I have three boys and they are all boy. They fight, bite, spit and fart. They do it all. So it isn’t surprising when they are together they wrestle and wrestle hard. It makes me nervous but I know it’s normal. When my boys greet their friends, there are no handshakes, it’s usually a high five or a body slam. Boys will and have always been physical, it’s just in their blood. As a mom it is my job to nourish their natural instincts and supply them with safe environments to be themselves. Boys will model their behaviors after their fathers and so my husband gets down and dirty with them. It really is cute to see the boys walk around without a shirt and act tough. I’m sure they are acting out being a “man” or at least what they think a man is. So mommies, give in a little and let your boys be boys, let them scrape up their knees and elbows and act wild. I think if we want our boys to be manly we need to allow them opportunities to tune into their masculinity and recognize that they will never be like us (women). So the crazy things they do will never make sense but will help develop masculine characteristics.

No comments:

Post a Comment